Happy 2020, everyone! The Art in the Park crew hopes the year has treated you well thus far and continues to do so. 2020 sounds like a BIG deal so we want to make this year a BIG deal!
First off, we have officially created the Facebook event for Art in the Park 2020 to start marketing the message. If you are on Facebook, please share this event so we can let as many people as possible know about this unique art experience. August is an extremely busy month for people so the sooner the event is known, the sooner the summer planning can begin!
2020 will officially be the 6th year of Art in the Park, our Regional Fine Art Festival. This event is brought to you by the Cultural & Entertainment District of Main Street Elkader and will be held Saturday, August 15th & Sunday, August 16th (always the 3rd weekend in August). We cannot believe five amazing festivals have already taken place. We absolutely could not have come this far without the support of our strong community.
As Art in the Park establishes Elkader as a tourist destination for art, our main goal is to bring a culturally-enriched, art-filled, family fun weekend to the community. Each year, at least 50 artists have set up tents displaying their work. Paired with the artists includes delicious local foods and wines, sculpture reveals, promotion of local activities and creatives such as aerial pilates, henna tattoos, and much more. It has also included a youth tent containing art-filled activities for all ages, along with an area youth art contest. Each year, the live music has expanded, bringing local and tri-state area musicians, playing all types of genres.
We have BIG goals for 2020 and want to continue making this weekend a joyous, cultural experience for the artists, volunteers, visitors, and everyone in the community.
These goals include:
- Beginning a new artist application process, Zapplication (this is a way we can draw in professional artist applications from all over the U.S.)
- Continuing our “Green Efforts” (we are determined to make our festival as sustainable and eco-friendly as possible to set an example)
- New sculpture collaborations
- Artist workshops
- Art in the Alley Promotion
- And so much more… As all the members of the committee are creative individuals, we love to brainstorm throughout the entire year, adding in ideas as we see fit during the planning stages!
This regional fine art festival is significant as it continues the cultural and artistic expansion of Elkader, something truly unique about this community of ours. With your help, we can continue making this festival a success!
How can you help?
- Volunteer! Our volunteers mean the world to us and make the festival what it is. Simply giving some of your time to help out, helps us out tremendously. If you are interested, please contact Volunteer@ArtintheParkElkader.com. This is a fun experience and you will receive a VIP ticket to the complimentary Art After Dark Reception.
- Sponsor! Being a sponsor comes with many perks, but most importantly, you are supporting something so very important to the Elkader Community. You are helping the arts and culture expand which only brings community closer and helps keep it sustainable. Art in the Park is completely supported by its sponsors so we do not take your contributions lightly, you are SO appreciated!
- Share Our Stuff & Leave a Review! We keep our Art in the Park info updated through this blog, our Facebook and Instagram, and newsletters. Sharing Art in the Park through social media, word-of-mouth, etc. is the most perfect way to market this experience! And if you have visited the festival in previous years, be sure to leave a review.
The Art in the Park Committee cannot wait for 2020’s event and we hope you are just as excited!
Ashley Althoff (Marketing Coordinator & Co-Chair)
Jillian Webb Herrmann (Artist Coordinator & Co-Chair)
Sally Stendel (Sponsor Coordinator)
Kate Lower (Main Street Elkader Director)