One of the best parts about coming to Art in the Park is visiting our gorgeous riverside town! Elkader, Iowa, is known not only for its historic charm, but also for its shops, restaurants, local tourist attractions, and of course for its rolling hills and breathtaking scenery! There is something for everyone, with great places to stay so you can enjoy all weekend long!
Things to do in and near Elkader, Iowa:
- Catch a show at Elkader Opera House
- Visit Motor Mill for a tour
- Check out the Carter House Museum
- Have lunch at Fennelly’s Irish Pub, grab an ice cream cone from Burger Barn, enjoy the daily special at Drew’s, have a specialty brew at Scheras, take the kids into the General Store for a candy treat, partake in the buffet at Johnson’s, and the list goes on and on…
- Take a swim at our beautiful municipal pool
- Toss in your swim trunks and tube for a float over the Whitewater Park and down the Turkey River
- Catch a film at the Elkader Cinema
- Shop the eclectic mix of modern and antique boutiques! Willow Creek Garden Décor and More, Archive, Carpet and Design, The Turkey River Mall, Bridge Street Boutique, The Copper Frog
- Need a recharge yet? Have a coffee break at Treats on Bridge Street and pop into JEM for a pedi, mani, or massage!
Are you getting the picture? You’ll probably want to stay all week! Be sure to book your room soon!
Bed and Breakfasts:
Visit the Elkader Lodging Association at www.ElkaderLodging.com