Elkader, Iowa is a gorgeous riverside town known for its historic charm, shops, restaurants and local tourist attractions (especially if you are an adventure seeking, nature lover). It features rolling hills and breathtaking scenery. There is something for everyone, with great places to stay so you can make a weekend of it– and you may just want to visit again!
Things to do in and near Elkader, Iowa:
- Catch a show at Elkader Opera House
- Visit Motor Mill for a tour
- Check out the Carter House Museum
- Have lunch at Fennelly’s Irish Pub, have a specialty brew at Scheras, take the kids into the General Store for a candy treat, partake in the buffet at Johnson’s, and the list goes on and on…
- Take a swim at our beautiful municipal pool
- Toss in your swim trunks and tube for a float over the Whitewater Park and down the Turkey River
- Catch a film at the Elkader Cinema
- Shop the eclectic mix of modern and antique boutiques!
- Be sure to walk through the main alley way to catch a glimpse of the recent mural projects completed under the first phase of Art in the Alley.
- Need a recharge yet? Have a coffee break, visit our local brewery, or grab a doughnut from our famous bakery!
You may just want to stay all week! Be sure to book your room:
Lodging in and around Elkader, IA
- Elkader City Campground Elkader, IA
- Deer Run Resort Campground Elkader, IA
- For Bed and Bath info and listings visit Elkader Lodging Association at www.ElkaderLodging.com
We are so grateful for the wonderful variety of lodging options available in our town. If you have questions please feel free to contact our local Chamber of Commerce or City Hall for more information.
The beautiful features of Elkader have a large part to do with its unique program, Main Street Elkader. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/MainStreetElkader/
Or Visit Elkader’s website for all things Elkader!