Elkader, Iowa is a gorgeous riverside town known for its historic charm, shops, restaurants and local tourist attractions (especially if you are an adventure seeking, nature lover). It features rolling hills and breathtaking scenery. There is something for everyone, with great places to stay so you can make a weekend of it– and you may just want to visit again!
Things to do in and near Elkader, Iowa:
- Catch a show at Elkader Opera House
- Visit Motor Mill for a tour
- Check out the Carter House Museum
- Have lunch at Fennelly’s Irish Pub, grab an ice cream cone from Burger Barn, enjoy the daily special at Drew’s, have a specialty brew at Scheras, take the kids into the General Store for a candy treat, partake in the buffet at Johnson’s, and the list goes on and on…
- Take a swim at our beautiful municipal pool
- Toss in your swim trunks and tube for a float over the Whitewater Park and down the Turkey River
- Catch a film at the Elkader Cinema
- Shop the eclectic mix of modern and antique boutiques! Willow Creek Garden Décor and More, Archive, Carpet and Design, The Turkey River Mall, Bridge Street Boutique, The Copper Frog
- Need a recharge yet? Have a coffee break at Treats on Bridge Street and pop into JEM for a pedi, mani, or massage!
You may just want to stay all week! Be sure to book your room:
Lodging in and around Elkader, IA:
- Elkader Jail House Inn Elkader, IA
- Barn on the Bluff Elkader, IA
- Deer Run Resort Elkader, IA
- Elkader City Campground Elkader, IA
- Sweet Dreams Campground Edgewood, IA
- For more info and listings visit Elkader Lodging Association at www.ElkaderLodging.com
The beautiful features of Elkader have a large part to do with its unique program, Main Street Elkader. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/MainStreetElkader/
Or Visit Elkader’s website for all things Elkader!